Natural beauty and the use of organic products is continuing to become more prominent within the beauty industry as well as within the skincare regimens of many--including myself. There have been one too many occasions where my skin has broken out in blotchy red hives due to reactions i've had from chemicals or ingredients used in my everyday drug store products--leaving me to wonder what IS it that I'm really putting onto my skin? As a result, I've developed a "less is more" mentality when choosing my beauty products.
In my recent searches for beauty brands with easy-to-read labels and gentle formulas, I came across Graydon Skincare--a plant powered skincare brand that fuses science and superfood ingredients to create products that nourish your skin and body. Their line is completely cruelty-free and organic. They never use toxic chemicals, parabens, artificial fragrances or synthetic colors in their products which are all things that can contribute to long term damage to your skin and body!
The team at Graydon sent me some amazing products to incorporate into my daily routine. The skincare products are from their Sensitive Skin collection, and their Matcha Mint Shampoo and Hair Smoothie Conditioner are fan favorites that work for all hair types. Their products are LITERALLY food for your skin, hair, and body!
KEEPING MY SKIN NOURISHED WITH GRAYDON SKINCARE
ALOE MILK 3-IN-1 CLEANSER
I always start any routine by cleansing my skin. The Aloe Milk 3-1 Cleanser is incredibly gentle and leaves a soothing scent of aloe after use. It throughly cleans your skin and removes traces of dirt and make up.
I apply two dime-sized drops of the cleanser to my face and massage it into my skin in circular motions. You don't need to drown your skin in products to ensure that its working--less is more! It leaves my skin refreshed and glowing!
- Perilla Seed Oil: Helps to retain moisture
- Aloe Vera: Sooths and moisturizes
- Pink Grapefruit Geranium and Blood Orange: Uplifting and tonifying essential oil blend
SUPER SENSITIVE SKIN STUFF FACE + EYE CREAM
After washing, I follow up with a moisturizer. The Super Sensitive Skin Stuff Face + Eye Cream works wonders on my sensitive skin. It absorbs right into my face while still being very light weight. It's fragrance-free which helps to prevent irritation.
Again, I apply a dime-sized drop to my face and gently massage in circular motions. The cream leaves my skin so dewy and nourished.
- Black Current Seed Oil: Increase elasticity, protects and nourishes skin
- Maple Sap Water: Delivers variety of nutrients, including amino peptides and calcium to nourish skin
- Pomegranate Seed Oil: Balance pH levels in your skin, making it feel soft and smooth
FACE FOOD MINERAL MIST
Of course, I love to finish any skincare routine with a face mist. It adds a finishing touch to your skin while sealing in moisture and hydration. The Face Food Mineral Mist is light and unscented; it intensifies hydration while keeping your face healthy and fresh.
- Copper: Produces collagen and elastin
- Silver: Penetrates skin cells to ward off bacteria
- Zinc: Decreases inflammation to help minimize blotchy red skin
- Magnesium: Soothes skin to help combat skin allergies
NOURISHING MY HAIR WITH GRAYDON SKINCARE
MATCHA MINT SHAMPOO
As I'm on my natural hair journey, I'm always on the hunt for the next best product to try for my curls, especially when it comes to shampoos. I like to use a product that doesn't contain any harsh chemicals to avoid drying out my hair. After trying Graydon's Matcha Mint Shampoo, I fell in love.
The shampoo is infused with matcha, peppermint, and vanilla--all of which leave a delicious scent in your hair after washing. The shampoo glides through my hair and also soothes my scalp, making my wash days more of a relaxing experience. The moisture-rich formula contains fatty acids that will leave your hair silky and strong.
- Matcha Tea: Softens and strengthens hair, prevents split ends
- Chia Extract: Helps to hydrate and fortify your hair
- Hemp Oil: Moisturizes and strenghtens hair to prevent breakage
- Sunflower Seed Extract: Enhances thickness and sheen
HAIR SMOOTHIE CONDITIONER
After washing I follow up with the Hair Smoothie Conditioner. What I love most about the conditioner is that it not only makes my hair soft and smooth, it also helps to detangle it with ease. It's packed with amazing ingredients like avocado, sunflower, green tea, and coconut--literally a smoothie for your hair.
- Broccoli Seed Oil: Rich in detoxifying sulforaphane
- Thyme: Contains antiseptic qualities to help create a clean and healthy scalp
- Green Tea Extract: Rich source of antioxidants that help to reduce effects of pollution and environmental damage that build up one your scalp
Getting back to the basics is so necessary when caring for your skin, hair and body. I feel so much better knowing exactly what ingredients go into the products that I'm using, and I love being able to contribute to creating a greener life. A lot of the chemicals used in beauty products that are harmful to us are also damaging to the environment! I love that Graydon Skincare is so transparent with the ingredients they use, and I love their dedication to creating products to better the treatment of our bodies and health! If you're constantly on the hunt for the simplest of products that will make a great impact on your body and well-being, I sincerely recommend checking out this brand.
Thanks for reading!
All photos were shot and edited by Casey Smith.